Friday, November 27, 2009

I win.

Got my butt up at 3:10 this morning, headed out at 4 am with my warm Glogg in my thermos (like the smell of coffee, hate the taste) to grab my friend, and 45 minutes later, we were in Greenwood at the mall. My timing was off just a bit, as I thought that while the mall would be open at 5, most stores would still be closed until 6. Imagine my surprise when I turn the corner and find the entire parking lot littered with cars. Last night, friends made fun of me for getting up so early and dealing with the throngs of people, but really, it wasn't too bad except in Bath and Body Works, where the B&B Babies didn't know how to snake a line so people kept cutting and 30 minutes later, we finally got to the register. All in all, it was a good time - I got the gifts I needed and hardly any money spent due to returning some other items. And I'd much rather get going early in the morning than go later in the afternoon. By 9:15, which is when we left the mall to come home, walking through the mall was treacherous.

My rules of Black Friday are as follows and I quote:

"No Wal Mart."

"No Best Buy."

"Don't buy crap you don't need just because it's on sale."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And sensible rules they be!!! I just logged on to see if I needed to delete this space from my "favorites" lit, and lo and behold discovered some new posts!!! Guess I oughtta check it every once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Our rule is no shopping til Sat! We found some treasures at our 2nd hand video/music store. We did cyber monday, tho, as the airpopper died, and no one in town had one! I miss full-sized Target. Auntie em