Friday, November 23, 2007

Move over Turkey, Time For Christmas!!

Read it and weep, Dear Reader: I have two Christmas presents to go, and then I'm done. Today, Wiley and I picked up a few things we needed. We walked into town. We walked back from town. We got splashed by cars whizzing by too fast on a sidewalk too close to the street. But by golly, we got Christmas presents.

And now I'm listening to Bob Rivers. In case you don't know, his group makes parodies, and they have some good songs, which made me wonder what others top Christmas tunes were. Here are my top 10:

1. The 12 Pains of Christmas by Bob Rivers
2. O Holy Night
3. Charlie Brown's Christmas songs by Vince Guaraldi - all of them are just realllly good but I love the jazzy version of What Child is This
4. Sleigh Ride by the Boston Pops
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Burl Ives
6. The Chimney Song by Bob Rivers
7. Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby (you know this one from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where Clark is fantasizing about the saleslady taking off her red swimsuit)
8. Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives
9. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo and Patsy
10. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee

So Dear Reader, tell me what your songs are. And I'm tagging Cara, Heather and Spyder, so you guys have to do it! And boogie on down while you make cookies! I will be.

3 comments:

Spyder said...

I like a lot of Christmas songs. But the ones that mean more to me are the French ones I grew up with. Here are some of them:
Venez divin Messie
Les Anges dans nos campagnes
D'où viens-tu, bergère?
Il est né le divin enfant
Mon beau sapin
Petit papa Noël

Anonymous said...

I've made two posts since you added the screening processand neither of them has appeared. Will this one? I swear I have said nothing that needed editing!!! Aunt Tex

Anonymous said...

OK, I figured it out I left out a crucial step, the PASSWORD! So here's my top ten, tho not necessarily in descnding order.

Joy to the World by any chorus
Halleluja Chorus by any chorus
O Holy Night by anyone
The Baby Jesus by The Brothers 4
Silver Bells by Perry Como
Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
Sleigh RIde by The Boston Pops
Any Christmas song by Greewood Tree
Little Drummer Boy by Marylin Carriere

Aunt Tex