Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fly

Today, I found my wings. Wiley had an appointment, so about half an hour after he left, I put on my shoes, looked up a few words in Bosnian, and then hoofed it down to the bascarcija for some Christmas shopping. First, I stopped by my yarn lady and tried to ask her how to find what I needed. She didn't understand a word until I showed her what I needed and then asked if I should go to the bascarcija. She said yes, so off I went. I found exactly what I was looking for, was able to speak English and German have people understand me and I understood them, and then, since my feet were hurting, I mustered up the courage to get onto a trolley bus, stamp my ticket and sit down. I even got off at the right stop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you. I hope you continue to grow and enjoy your time abroad. I hope you get healthy again, too. Donna

Spyder said...

Yarn lady? Knit or crochet?

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! Aunt Tex

Melinda said...

Crochet! Knitting looks wayyyyy too difficult for me. My mom was a crocheter, and she tried to teach me, but it never worked. Then I found a wonderful book that taught me about granny squares and crocheting in the round, and I have the knowledge to make other stitches, but so far, all I've made are shrugs, girls' hats, afghans and scarves.

Spyder said...

Sweet!I crochet hats. It's been a while because I'm working on knitting another pair of socks.