Monday, November 19, 2007

Giving Thanks

Since we're seven hours ahead of the Midwest, we will be celebrating our Thanksgiving just a bit earlier than you (and we're starting the cooking on Wednesday due to only having one casserole dish and needing to cook 2 casseroles, a turkey breast, and possibly stuffing in said casserole dish), so I started thinking of all the things I'm thankful for, and I thought I'd share. In no particular order, I am thankful for the following things:

Family and friends. My family's been good to me, Wiley and his family have been good to me, and I have some kick-ass friends I would donate kidneys and eggs to if the need ever arose.

Good health seems to be something of a rarity between my friends and me. While I'm still taking an antihistamine resembling something like Zyrtec, that's pretty minor compared to what others have had to deal with, so I'm thankful that my health is still pretty strong.

Fellow bloggers are appreciated by me. They keep me in the loop about what's going on in KC and with themselves by providing posts on their blogs.

Technology is very much appreciated. Without technology, I wouldn't be able to read those blogs or have one of my own to keep others in the loop about what's happening with me.

I'm thankful that I'm experiencing another culture with someone I love. Not only do I get the benefit of finally living with someone (not just in the same city, but in the same apartment!) I've dated for quite awhile, but I get to do it while living in a completely different country, something I would never have the balls to do all by myself. I don't consider this a character flaw; it simply is what I know of myself to be true.

And there are more, of course, but the last one I'll post tonight is the fact that I am thankful that my little Letizen pills are not child-proof. I just push and out they come on the other side of the foil. Genius.

4 comments:

Spyder said...

I'm thankful that I got to meet you before you left.

Melinda said...

Thanks Spyder! Me too. And your picture of the cardinal has got to be the best one I've seen. I'm going to print it off and put it on my wall. We have no cardinals here!

Anonymous said...

do you have tin foil there to use as "baking dishes" for stuff with not a lot of liquid in it? more stuff for the next box! auntie em

Melinda said...

Yep, we found some tin foil, and tonight, I even stumbled upon those tin foil baking dishes that we can use once and toss (though we'll likely keep them, as we keep most things now to store other things in). Wiley actually eats leftovers, whereas I let them become science experiments.