Thursday, September 27, 2007

Live from Sarajevo!

on a german keyboard, no less, so pardon spelling. We made it. And our luggage did too! We had a couple of leaking ziploc baggies but no real damage. Are looking at an apt. tomorrow. Bumpy last flight into Sarajevo but met a basketball team from Germany including 7 americans and 5 europeans. Very tall kids. So we are here and dying already from secondhand smoke. Favorite part of trip so far was the United flight attendant: when trying to get my bag overhead because Wiley and I were not in the same boarding class, the lady watched and said it would not fit. I asked for a little help. The unFredlike response: We do not lift bags. Each passenger must lift their own bag. She JUST saw me lift it. I replied rather icily that I could lift it, but what I didnćt want to do was break the plane. She grudgingly came over to help. Wish us well, we will be in touch again soon.

4 comments:

...JustCara said...

Pictures!!! (Glad you made it in safe!)

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip was fairly uneventful. Stay away from that secondhand smoke---yeah, right, in eastern Europe!!??!! Hope the adjustment is an easy one. Aunt Tex

Anonymous said...

.

Melinda said...

Pix will be up as soon as we have our computers up and running in our apartment...which could be later than sooner...

Paint, I missed your comment.