Friday, June 13, 2008

How Many Ulcers Can You Get In A Season?


I echo Cara's sentiment. I'm so done with this weather. Today it poured while I was taking the business mail to the post office. I thought, Here we go again. Some roads flooded a bit, but not as badly as before. But now, anytime it rains, I think that this is it, my house is going down in water, and it's a race with the devil to get home to save the cats.

And now Cedar Rapids is full of water.

I can't even get home to help - tons of roads are closed.

The Cedar River is going to crest at 15 feet above flood stage.

People joked about building Arks. Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door. Wiley asked me, "What are you doing tonight?" I told him I'd be watching the Weather.com channel and running to my front door to assess the rising water in Clear Creek.

It's been a fun night.

No comments: