Monday, February 11, 2008

R.I.P., Roy

I woke up this morning to find out that Roy Scheider, who had many roles but who I knew as the tanned police chief in Jaws, passed away.

I don't remember the first time I saw Jaws, but now, whenever it's on the tube, I'm hooked. I love that movie. Boats, water, a hot man and his equally attractive wife (I admit, I had a crush on dear ol' Roy), and a wayward shark...what's not to love? Whenever there was a TV show on that discussed the making of Jaws, I watched. I don't really remember Jaws 2 or 3 - I think they were as sequels were back then most of the time - bad - but the first one was a classic. I followed Roy from time to time, through his other movies and TV shows, like Seaquest. I was happy he was finding work (so many don't, you know). And my crush waned, especially when I thought he really was a bit too tan and resembled George Hamilton.

Rest in peace, dear Roy. Watching Jaws just won't be the same, knowing you're gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uncle kiss said he had discovered perpetual motion: my hand from popcorn bucket to mouth during that movie. classic scary movie. auntie em