Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick of It.

Got a rejection email today. Already beginning to tire of the job search. Time to buck up tomorrow, but right now, I just want my cocoa and my footie pajamas.

In the meantime, Spyder's got another Meme, and I follow Spyder (I think it has to do with the guilt I feel whenever I crush a spider in my apartment), so here I am. She was tagged by So Many Books.

Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pgs.)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people.

The book closest to me today is called The Relationship Cure by John Gottman. He's talking about accepting others and ourselves and pointing to his difficulty in accepting his wife's love of travel:

"And I'm happy that our differences are a source of pride for us, rather than resentment.
Whether we like it or not, life is filled with opportunities either to celebrate or bemoan our differences with other people. Conflicts can arise from our contrasting comfort levels within any of the seven emotional command systems."

Now, since Meesha told me long ago that he didn't do Memes, and since I don't know an awful lot of people, I find it hard to tag people. That, and either you'll do it or you won't. So decide if you want to, and do it.

No comments: