Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cut Off

One thing I've absolutely hated about yesterday and today is how fickle my internet connection has been. So I'm going to make this entry short and sweet.

One thing I love about living over here is the fact that I get really crisp granny smith apples. They are sooooo tasty, and bigger than they are at home. It also seems that apples are now in season. Today, we saw two men carrying two large bags apiece of apples...not granny smiths, though.

Another thing I love love love about living here is the fact that they don't really have commercials that I can understand. So I don't see any "You must get this to be cool" or "You have to do that to feel good about yourself". I just flipped through the channels, and stopped on MTV, where I saw a video of Mariah Carey blingin' it with Snoop Dogg. The woman is a whore, plain and simple. She's hardly dressed, she got new twins from the looks of it (trust me when I tell you I could see the entire left one without the nipple), and she's wiggling around in front of the camera. I am sooooooooooooo glad I don't have to deal with Hollywood and "the glam". Sure, there are idols here, but I don't know who they are, so it doesn't matter. Their endorsements mean nothing to me!

This is one thing I hope to remember every single day when I'm back in the States. Like Grandpa, I will mute the commercials. They're bad for you.

1 comment:

kcmeesha said...

I don't know about Sarajevo but in my home country-Ukraine (not too far) apples are delicious. Try to find "Golden Delicious" when they are bright yellow and almost wrinkled. They are the sweetest. Try all kinds. I don't know if you are visiting local farmer's market, I am sure they have one if so try it, you should find smoked meats,cheeses, fruit.Also dried fruit is great. I am hungry now.