Thursday, December 13, 2007

Missing Home

My sister sent me some pictures of Lil B's trip to Hartman Reserve, which is a nice place to be outside, among the leaves, trees and cardinals. I remember going there a lot when I was a kid. Looking at all those sixth-graders, and my niece, made me miss home. It's been fun living abroad, and especially fun living with Wiley, and home is where you are, blah blah blah, but it's not home. People don't wear sweatshirts here. We don't have clean air here, or fluoridated water. We don't have ice storms and idiot drivers of the same caliber here. It's the little things you notice and miss the most.

4 comments:

Dino said...

Hey, many Sarajevans feel nostalgia too, but a little different one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugo-nostalgia ;)
Did you know that famous little Tito cafe is near your "home", just behind the bridge, and I suggest you to visit sometime...

Regards :)

PS. New Sarajevo skyline in 2007: http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5898/sa2007vc3.jpg

Melinda said...

That's very true, and easy to forget that you can't go back to the point you were at before. And what a beautiful skyline! It's been a long time since I've been up in any hills, like up by Park Princeva. Must get there soon.

I had no idea about the cafe - where is it? I can think of four cafes very near to us. Thanks for the tip!!

Dino said...

Hello again! I have just marked the way on your photo :)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5269/titocafecw6.jpg

Melinda said...

We found it last night when we were walking to our Indian restaurant. It's red! We'll check it out soon. Thanks for the tip!!