Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Funny.

I have to chuckle at myself. For all of the good things I've said to people about their lives to help them figure out a situation or to learn more about themselves, sometimes I am blind to myself. I have a friend I met through work, and though both of us left, we've kept in touch. Today, I was reading his Facebook page, and I was instantly brought back to the time when I met him. He was at the back of the classroom, sitting on the other side of an older woman, completely cut off from his younger cohorts. The very first thing he said to me was about his vision and how he could see better with his glasses, and he said it in such a way that I thought, This guy is a little odd. I wonder if he gets out much. Then, as time went on, I got to know him more through work and even outside of work at happy hours. I met his then-fiancee, and he met Wiley. This guy, who I really pegged to be a dork, is interested in politics and I even helped campaign for him. He has over 500 friends on Facebook, and I'm pretty sure he talks to them all. It strikes me as funny that as good as I think I am at pegging people and their personalities, I can definitely get it wrong. First impressions can be wrong, so don't be quick to judge.

No comments: