Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nice Things

I don't know what it is lately, but today I got three very nice compliments. First, Wiley complimented me on my skin and told me my face and eyes looked even more beautiful than they normally do (aren't you jealous he's not yours, Dear Reader? Well, too bad, I ain't sharin'!). Earlier today, a friend told me I had quite the eye for photography, and just recently, I got an email from a friend I worked with who told me not to worry about finding a job when I return to the States. Instead, he said I should open up a little shop to display my photography.

I really enjoy taking landscape photos, and I think I do pretty well, but I think my skills pale in comparison to Eric's blog. For one thing, I don't shoot in RAW. I would like to, but right now, I just don't know enough about it (and I thought it took a long time to upload, which takes up Wiley's computer, but now he tells me that's not a good enough reason to not shoot in RAW, so that's that). Another thing is that I haven't figured out all of my camera's workings. I have a book, and I've sat down with said book, but what I'm reading isn't sticking in my head. A dummie I'm not, but retaining this info hasn't been easy, and it's hard to figure out what to do in the split second you may have to take a kick-ass picture. What should the ISO be? What about the shutter speed? So, while I have good pictures, and I think it'd be awesome to be able to sell them, I just don't think I'm at that stage. You're welcome to prove me wrong, however.

And if you haven't paid someone a compliment today, go do it, and watch them beam. And thank you to the ones who brought a smile to my face!

2 comments:

Spyder said...

"shoot in RAW" naked?

Melinda said...

No, it's a term used for compression and resolution. It's basically an unprocessed image, so when you upload it to your image editor, you can make adjustments to the picture. The photography books I've read say that shooting in RAW format is the best to shoot in - they contain more editable information. Happy you asked? ;)