Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good Morning.

This morning, Wiley got on a bus to go to Zvornik, which means my morning was free. After finding my bread that was on the counter wrapped up on the floor and half chewed through (anyone want a cat?), I decided to make use of the good weather, and I grabbed my keys and headed over to the Bloomington Rail Trail. Talk about nice! I took my iPod but didn't listen to it until I was almost to my car. I walked three miles, and during that time, I saw cardinals, green finches, and Canada geese. There were two geese who had landed before I spotted them, but as I was walking past, four geese honked from the sky, and the two on the ground honked back. I thought the fliers were going to keep going past, but then they all turned, and using their little feet as rudders, dipping a right foot lower than the left, they all landed near their friends. Had I had my iPod on, I probably wouldn't have noticed the honking.

When I got home, there was a gold finch in my back yard. I haven't seen one of those in years - usually I only see the green one. And then there were these two bright blue birds...little, and thin, thinner than a sparrow. I think it's an indigo grosbeak, but I'm not sure. Having the internet at your fingertips is a wonderful thing. I don't know how I ever survived without it.

Today, since I'm still icky from my walk, will be a day of attempting to make the house a little more homey. The basics are down; now it's time to find space for a few more things. Hopefully after Tuesday I can start packing a few things up again in anticipation of moving in July/August.

1 comment:

Spyder said...

We just started this spring having gold finches here at the house. I just finished filling all 6 feeders. That took almost a full big bag of seed.