Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today's Walk

Lately I've been waking up between 5 and 6. And frankly, I'm sick of it. As if getting up at 6:30 isn't early enough?

I was worried I would be too sore to run, and I was also worried it'd be too cold. But I put on some leggings under my pants and tore out of the house, 10 minutes later than I was yesterday. I started off at a faster pace, which was bad - must start slowly because I burned out at a half-mile. Then I walked and then ran another half mile. The cardinals weren't out as much this morning, but a beaver was! Well, maybe a woodchuck. All I saw was his little brown body running back into the growth. It's really peaceful to get out among nature in the morning. Tomorrow's going to be really hard - it's going to frost tonight, and when I start out, it's still kinda dark. Oh well. Wonder if the birdies will be out. The worms, they will be dead. Poor worms.

No comments: