Saturday, October 6, 2007

Day 7, and the Body has Revolted

Yep, you got it, Dear Reader: I am sick. It started around 3 am Friday morning, and I slept most of the day, went to bed at 9 pm and got up a few times during the night and woke up at 6:30. I have been able to keep food down so far today, but I have to tell you, I really hate being sick. It´s nice to have Wiley here to comfort me, but it´s when I´m sick that I really miss having a mom. All I want is to be cuddled and made better. Today I made myself get out to the cafe, as we still don´t have Internet, but we were told Tuesday at the latest. So we´ve been printing off some pictures to decorate the bare walls of the apartment. Good thing I took that tape. Now, not only can I get the cat hair off my clothes, which is why I have it, but I can decorate too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have been sick. Hope you are much recovered by now. I got a flu shot Wed. so hope I avoid a sick spell this year. Or at least a mild one if I do get the flu. Be better! Aunt Tex

Melinda said...

Thanks, today I feel better, though am still not 100%.

Anonymous said...

ahh, the wonders of 3M. do you have a teddy bear? mine has comforted me for over 1/2 a century! you can inherit old teddy if need be.auntie em

GB, RN said...

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy. Being sick sucks, I can only imagine that being sick in a foreign country sucks even worse.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Get lots of rest. Drink lots of water. A teddy bear wouldn't hurt either (just spray it with Lysol when you are done).

Melinda said...

Well, the Lysol and my teddy didn't get along. Wiley just ran around the room. Bad Wiley!