Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Elusive

It hit me a few nights ago as I was falling asleep that I have no best girl friend. Guys have buddies, and girls have friends, and they're friends with each other, but it's also nice to have one girl friend you can turn to, who you know will be there in an instant if you need her. I have been on an unknowing yet seemingly elusive search to find such a friend. I have some really close friends, but I entered their lives too late, as in they already had best friends in place before I met them. So while I can consider someone my best friend, it's not reciprocated on the same level. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I lost my mom at a young age and never really got to be friends with her before she passed that I still search for a bond with a female. So if anyone's looking for a best friend, I'm available.

No comments: